If we want to achieve that the diets that we follow are effective we must combine them with physical activity and, above all, not based on a single ingredient. We will combine all food groups.
With the arrival of the warmest days we all want to look splendid. In view of the forthcoming holiday summer, if you want to wear the swimsuit as ever, we recommend you to pay attention to the next article.
We tell you what the best weight loss diets are.
Diets to lose weight: what are the most effective?
To be able to lose weight is not only very important to carry a balanced diet, but also to exercise and drink lots of water.
Most people have a hard time losing weight when they do not have a detailed menu with what they can and can not eat.
In each season they appear “new” diets but, of course, not all are healthy nor suitable for anyone.
It is necessary to remember the following maxim: “the food must be varied, moderate and balanced”. By following this precept it is easier to obtain lasting results.
Do you want to know what the best diets to lose weight without neglecting health? Here’s what we explain:
1. Mayo Clinic Diet
It is one of the most prestigious medical centers in the world, known for its research. It provides a very interesting meal plan to lose weight in an organic and natural way.
This diet does not eliminate any nutrients, but put first intake of vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
The initial phase of the diet lasts 2 weeks and in that time you can lose up to 4 kilos.
An example of a daily menu (of 1200 calories) includes:
- Breakfast: 1 yogurt and 1 fruit.
- Lunch: Pasta salad with tuna, carrot and zucchini with 1 orange.
- Dinner: ⅓ pizza with cheese and salad with tomato, onion and mushrooms.
- The appetizer between meals is 1 apple.
2. Chinese diet
It is recommended for those people who not only want to lose weight but also need to replenish their energy.
It should be done a week a month, and is based on the balance between yin and yang.
- Combine foods according to the five elements : earth (sweet), fire (bitter), wood (sour), metal (spicy) and water (salty).
An example of a daily menu of this diet is the following:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee or tea with 3 slices of brown bread with butter.
- Lunch: 1 glass of carrot juice with olive oil, 150 grams of fish or lean chicken, 1 handful of almonds and 1 cup of tea or coffee without sugar.
- Dinner: Salad of raw vegetables, 150 grams of steamed fish with tofu and 1 cup of sugarless tea.
3. Mediterranean diet
People living in the vicinity of the Mediterranean Sea should be able to carry this diet without problems, as all ingredients and food are available in the market.
It is very easy to follow and has many benefits, such as reducing the risk of myocardial infarction.
The daily menu of the Mediterranean diet includes:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee with milk, 1 cup of orange juice and 1 slice of bread with olive oil.
- Appetizer: 1 fruit.
- Lunch: Stewed lentils, meatballs with carrots and peas and strawberries with cream.
- Snack: Fresh cheese with honey.
- Dinner: Mixed salad, baked fish with potatoes and 1 Greek yogurt.
4. DASH Diet
While this eating plan was created for people with high blood pressure (the “approach to eating food to stop hypertension”), over time they have realized that it also serves to lose weight.
It is very varied and raw intake of vegetables, fruits and dairy skim. In second place are cereals, meats and legumes.
Refined sugars, saturated fats and carbohydrates are prohibited.
- Breakfast: 1 green tea and 1 whole wheat sandwich with turkey and tomato.
- Half morning: 3 slices of pineapple.
- Food: Lettuce salad and 1 roast pork tenderloin with beans and brown rice.
- Snack: Carrot Sticks
- Dinner: Pasta with mussels and natural tomato and 1 gelatine without sugar.
5. Green diet
If you love vegetables and now it’s hotter you just want juices and salads, this is your diet. Take it out for two consecutive weeks and you will see the results.
It is called “green” because it is composed of many vegetables. In addition to serving to lose weight is detoxifying (perfect for eliminating accumulated fats in the winter).
- Breakfast: 1 orange juice with 1 slice of whole wheat bread with skim cheese
- Half morning: 1 fruit or 1 cup of skim milk with cornflakes
- Lunch: Vegetable broth, a small steak, a bowl of vegetable salad and 1 piece of fruit.
- Snack: 1 orange juice and a slice of whole wheat bread with cottage cheese.
- Dinner: 1 chard omelet, fresh salad and applesauce.