It is becoming more fashionable to use home-made cosmetics, which are more economical and natural. In the case of hair lotions such as conditioners, it is much more advisable to opt for alternatives that do not contain parabens, silicones or paraffin and these substances can be detrimental to health and cause a rebound effect on our hair.
Discover the 5 best natural and home conditioners to have a shiny, soft and silky hair:
What do you need to know about the conditioners?
Conventional conditioners contain chemicals and other petroleum products that penetrate our skin through the pores and into the bloodstream, which can be detrimental to health in the short and long term.
In addition, these components provide a satisfactory result instantly and during the subsequent hours. However, during the following days, they dirty the hair much more quickly than if we had not used them.
In the long run, these conditioners alter the natural production of sebum and cause the roots of our hair to be greasy and dry ends.
5 natural alternatives
We have several home and natural options that we can use as conditioners according to our hair type. Discover what they are!
1. Apple cider vinegar
The apple cider vinegar is one of those conditioners and our grandmothers used to get shiny, healthy hair. Although the smell of vinegar disappears when the hair dries, if it bothers us much we can use it before the last rinse and mix it with a few drops of essential oils (lavender, mandarin, mint, etc.).
What should we do?
We can prepare a jar of spray with ¾ parts of vinegar and ¼ of water, and always use it after the shampoo.
Yes, beer is not only a refreshing drink but also an excellent conditioner to gain shine and softness in our hair. Beer is rich in antioxidant nutrients and vitamins of group B, as well as in silicon, an essential mineral to maintain a good hair structure, especially for people with fragile and brittle hair.
- Before the last rinse, we will wash the hair with beer without alcohol (to avoid the dryness), we will leave it to act a couple of minutes.
- It is not necessary to use this conditioner every day.
With once a week it will be more than enough, and we can alternate it with the other options that we give in this article.
You may also like to read: Protect Your Skin From Too Much Sun
3. Coconut oil
The extra virgin coconut oil is one of the best options for normal or dry hair, with open ends or mistreated by hairdressing treatments.
- To use this conditioner we must apply it before the shampoo, even a couple of hours before, on wet hair, so that it nourishes the hair fibers well and does not become greasy after the shower.
- We will apply only from the middle of the hair to the tips, once or twice a week.
In addition, its delicate and tropical aroma is delicious as a hair perfume.
4. Egg yolk and lemon juice
This combination is ideal for conditioning any type of hair, especially for greasy hair and lack of volume:
- The egg yolk is rich in fats, which nourish the hair in depth, and vitamins (A, B12, B6, B2, B1, D, E and folic acid), making it a nourishing cocktail for hair.
- The lemon juice gives a lot of shine to the hair. However, we cannot use it just because it would dry out the hair fibers a lot. For this reason, the combination of these two ingredients is excellent.
- 1 egg yolk
- The juice of ½ lemon
What should we do?
- We will beat the raw yolk with the juice of half a lemon and we will apply it for a while before we go to the shower.
- Then we will wash with our usual shampoo.
5. Jojoba oil
The jojoba oil is one of the best options to apply ourselves to cosmetic mode, as is the vegetable oil has the natural sebum – like texture of the skin and hair.
In this way, it is absorbed much more easily and provides a deep hydration.
What should we do?
- We will apply it in small quantities before washing our hair with the usual shampoo.
- We can also apply a droplet at any time on the tips if we have them dry or with a tendency to open.